Here’s a light, summery dessert which needs only a few ingredients to make. It’s perfect to have after a BBQ, and I particularly love how fresh and light it is while still satisfying that sweet after dinner craving. I recommend buying the high quality tins of coconut milk (which has a cream set on the top).
1 tin coconut milk (good quality)
4 x tbsp soy or coconut yoghurt
4 tsp maple syrup
Juice and zest of 1 whole lime
Sprinkling of raspberries
Sprinkling of fresh thyme
Optional- Glug of dessert wine/ sherry, or a splash of vanilla essence or the seeds scraped from a vanilla pod
- Chill the coconut milk
- When you open the can, scoop out the solid cream from the top, saving the coconut water left to drink!
- Whisk (either by hand or with an electric whisk) the cream and yoghurt together until stiff peaks form and the mixture becomes light and fluffy
- (Optional- whisk in a shot of dessert wine or sherry, vanilla seeds or essence)
- Slowly stir in the lime zest and juice, tasting as you go
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup, raspberries, thyme leaves, and any remaining lime zest