This is kind of like a tabbouleh, but without the fresh herbs and fine chopping which are characteristic of a real tabbouleh. By all means, add in fresh herbs if you have them- but the combination of ingredients here make a delicious, oil-free, summer bowl of goodness which will give you bags of energy.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
1 cup quinoa, cooked in 2 cups water
Handful tomatoes, chopped small
30g walnuts, crushed
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 spring onion, chopped
5 radish, chopped fine
1x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
1 tsp turmeric
Juice 1 lemon
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa on a simmer for around 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Finely slice the tomatoes, spring onions, radish, avocado, and any other vegetables you fancy
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables with the cooked quinoa and a tin of chickpeas
- In a jar, shake together the lemon juice, mustard, turmeric, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad and serve mixed together with some green leaves like rocket or lettuce, and sprinkled with a handful of seeds.