This is a summery pasta dish which adds a touch of luxury to every evening, but only needs 20 minutes and 5 ingredients
I use whatever greens I have in the fridge or freezer- here it was leeks and courgette with a handful of spinach added at the end. Lashings of olive oil give it an authentic feel without the effort.
Ingredients (serves 2):
5 tagliatelle nests
1 courgette, sliced thinly with a Y-shaped peeler
1 leek, sliced thinly with a Y-shaped peeler
1 bulb garlic, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Dash of chili flakes
1 fresh lemon
Optional extras: Spinach, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, black olives, or basil leaves
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta
- Heat up a large frying pan with some olive oil and gently fry off the leeks and courgettes with the garlic, until soft and fragrant.
- Add salt, pepper, chili flakes, and the zest and juice of the lemon to the frying pan and gently heat through- taste and season if needed
- Optional: Add spinach, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, olives, or basil leaves
- Serve with lots of extra virgin olive oil