Oh hey there
Looking for a fast and healthy vegan supper with minimal ingredients?
Then you’re in the right place!
I was stumbling round Waitrose at closing time when I had this brainwave. All it takes is a mint plant and some of those frozen peas in the freezer that everyone seems to accumulate….
This only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, and is a pretty cheap and satisfying meal on the fly. Be proud!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1 shallot ( sub with 1/2 an onion of any colour)
2 cloves garlic
2 good mugs full frozen peas
2 mugs vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Squeeze if lemon- plus the zest if you’re feeling fancy!
As much mint as you can handle- I use 2 handful of leaves
1. Roughly chop onions and garlic
2. Gently fry the onions and garlic until fragrant, then add the stock and peas and bring to a simmer
3. Simmer until cooked through, add the lemon and season to taste
4. Use an immersion blender to whizz to a thick puree
4, Gently wash the mint leaves, then finely chop, but being too rough will ruin the delicate flavour
5. Take the soup off the heat and add the mint leaves, and blitz fur 10 more seconds.
6.Alternatively, add the mint leaves whole and blend for a bit longer
7. Season to taste, and garnish with more mint leaves