Everyone is jumping on the sweet potato fries bandwagon, not just me. They are delicious and carby and also one of your five a day. It’s a win win. I introduced my boyfriend to these and now he prefers them to normal fries!
I prefer to bake mine as it’s easier. Just whack them in the oven for 30 minutes and you’re good to go. If you’re pressed for time, cook them in the microwave and crisp them up in the oven.
Serve with anything, or have on their own, every day, ever. They go amazing with both vegan and non vegan dishes.
1 large sweet potato
paprika, cayenne pepper, celery salt, and salt and pepper
Cut your potato into chip shapes, like so. If it’s too tough to slice, microwave it for 3 minutes to soften it up.
I leave the skins on to retain the most nutritional value, and the skin adds to the flavour or texture once cooked. Peeling is a waste of time, my friends.
- Preheat the oven and heat up some oil in a baking tray
- Chop your potatoes and cover in flour (cornflour is good but pretty unhealthy, I often use plain/ self-raising flour. If you don’t want to coat with your hands, place all the ingredients in a large sandwich bag and fluff around.
- Once the potatoes are coated, place in a baking tray with hot oil
- Sprinkle each third with a different spice. From left to right here, I’ve got paprika and cayenne pepper, celery salt, and normal salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and delicious and nom on down!